Follow up questions:
(1) Is it possible for any shoes to be immodest?
(2) Can (lack of) functionality render something immodest?
(3) Can extreme departure from the norm render something immodest?
(4) Would shoes designed to draw a lot of attention be immodest?
(5) Can cost make shoes (or clothing) immodest? (These shoes are $675 at Zappos.) If so, what is the price cut-off for modest shoes?
Just in case it isn’t clear, this post really isn’t about these shoes. It is about the parameters of modesty.
Also to be clear, this isn’t about judging the woman sitting next to you in Relief Society  who is wearing these shoes. It is about modesty in the abstract and not whether other people are sinning.
 I almost changed “Relief Society” to Sacrament Meeting so as not to exclude the men reading this, but then I thought, hey, might be fun for them to know what that feels like for once. You’re welcome.