Elsewhere

There have been some very strong posts of late in the bloggernacle. Two of particular note:
-Guest-Eve at FMH* has a very thought-provoking post on Forgiving the Church. She begins, “the Church has brought me both the most profound and beautiful and some of the most heart-wrenching experiences of my life” — and it gets better from there. Don’t miss it!
-Deborah at X2** writes “Making Sense of Sunday,” a post about love and loyalty and judgment and compassion (and as a bonus, it discusses SSM too!). Yet another don’t-miss.
(Other strong recent offerings come from Serenity at LDSLF about portrayals of Mormons in cinema and DMI Dave on the missionary program).
And now back to our regularly scheduled lineup of SSM and abortion, interrupted by the occasional server crash.

*Perma-draft her, Lisa! And Lynnette, while you’re at it.

**I know, the correct nomenclature is ExII. But X2 is kinda catchy, no?

8 comments for “Elsewhere

1. June 1, 2006 at 5:19 pm

Hmm . . . X2 is simpler, perhaps. But ultimately it reminds me too much of an X-Men movie — though maybe being X-Women isn’t too terrible a notion . . .

2. Kaimi Wenger
    June 2, 2006 at 12:21 am

Exactly, Deborah! And given the small deluge of posts on the topic (see, e.g., http://www.kulturblog.com/2006/05/review-x-men-the-last-stand/ ; http://www.ericjamesstone.com/blog/2006/05/29/how-x3-could-have-been-much-better-changing-only-the-climax/ ; etc.) , one has to suspect that X2 is a handle that resonates with the nacle.

Of course, then you have to decide who gets to be Professor X, who is Storm, who is Rogue, and who is Magneto. . .

3. annegb
    June 2, 2006 at 12:32 pm

Kaimi, you absolutely rock.

4. June 2, 2006 at 4:30 pm

I’ve found myself referring to ExII as “X2” just because it sounds cool (and maybe because I unconsciously suspect the ExII women of having special powers? Hmm.)

5. Aaron Brown
    June 2, 2006 at 4:41 pm

Oh please, Kaimi, these forgettable posts are lightyears away from being as “strong” as the groundbreaking poll we’ve got going on over at BCC right now. When are you T&S folk going to learn how to identify and appreciate things of real worth?

Aaron B

6. Eve
    June 3, 2006 at 12:50 pm

Kaimi, you’re very kind. Thanks for being such a tireless promoter of ZDs. And with Lynnette, I think those X2 women just might have some extraordinary powers.

Although I love FMH, I don’t think I dare become a permablogger, though. I’ve been amazed the last couple of weeks at how much time blogging can take, if I let it. I’d better save the rest of my life while I still can.

7. Kaimi Wenger
    June 3, 2006 at 9:48 pm

Aaron,

You’ll just have to wait for the judgment day to get your eternal reward for that post, buddy. Also, I intend to tell my therapist to send you the bill for trying to ameliorate the damage done by that thread. I expect the bill will pretty substantial. Those were frightening images.

Eve,

Come on over to the dark side. You have nothing to lose but your chains! Um, and your social life. And most of your free time. And probably your friends, if they have any sense.

But hey, you’ll earn the title “blogger.” And what more could one want, really?

Hello? Hello? Hmm, the connection must have cut out. Well, I’m sure she’ll call right back.

8. Eve
    June 5, 2006 at 3:14 am

Never fear, Kaimi. I may disappear fo a time, but my addiction will always bring me back to the dark side. :>

Comments are closed.