Here’s a few thoughts on Sunday Morning’s session of conference. We encourage everyone to take notes during each session and post their thoughts in comments here.
- Elder Uchtdorf — Discipleship. “Discipleship is not a spectator sport.” “Its never too late (to change your life).” Unusually, mentioned that today is Palm Sunday.
- Elder Anderson — Basically gave his testimony of Christ — which seems almost a requirement for newly-called Apostles. In keeping with his experience, he observed that pioneers didn’t just cross the plains, they exist in every land. There are far more pioneers today.
- Elder Gardner — Preparing for Change. He said we can do this by 1. Following the Prophets; 2. Taking an Eternal Perspective; 3. Exercising Faith; and 4. Being of Good Cheer
- Sister Thompson — Strengthening Families. “We must be ‘fixed in our purpose’ as we seek to increase in faith and personal righteousness, strengthen our families and homes, and serve the Lord and His children.”
- Elder Holland — The Mission of the Lord Jesus Christ. “The Father may have never been closer to his son than in these final moments.” “May we stand by Jesus Christ… for surely that is how he stood by us…”
- President Monson — While we are facing an economic downturn, while the situation is grim and moral footings of society continue to slip, we should focus on the blessings, remaining cheerful in the face of adversity. Three heart-rending stories illustrate the theme. He said that though the rains fall about us, our knowledge of our Heavenly Father will sustain us.